Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Faster Load Times
Faster Load Times
Mar 21 2014, 6:57 am
By: DT_Battlekruser  

Mar 21 2014, 6:57 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1



I've been bored and disappointed in pageload times, so I've been going around making little improvements. If any particular page or action seems to take longer than it should for a database with 500k - 1M entries, let me know and I'll see what I can do to speed up the queries. Thanks!



None.

Mar 21 2014, 8:35 am Sacrieur Post #2

Still Napping

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I've been bored and disappointed in pageload times, so I've been going around making little improvements. If any particular page or action seems to take longer than it should for a database with 500k - 1M entries, let me know and I'll see what I can do to speed up the queries. Thanks!

:cube:



None.

Mar 21 2014, 11:32 am Moose Post #3

Armor: 90.50%

I have no idea if having the Shoutbox disabled still makes the page load speed up tremendously, but if it does, that would be something to look. Most of my loadtimes are quick.




Mar 22 2014, 1:55 am DT_Battlekruser Post #4



I fixed the shoutbox problem like a year ago :P



None.

Mar 23 2014, 2:50 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #5



Try optimizing the front-end too! Look at how much data everyone can save just by enabling gzip
http://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/?url=c3RhcmVkaXQubmV0



None.

Mar 29 2014, 2:05 pm Moose Post #6

Armor: 90.50%

I would also imagine that none of these can be bad starting points:

http://gtmetrix.com/
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/




Mar 29 2014, 2:30 pm Devourer Post #7

Hello

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I would also imagine that none of these can be bad starting points:

[...]
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
[...]
Interesting



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 29 2014, 8:47 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #8



I was mostly looking at backend optimization, which has been the problem in the past, but it does look like the biggest frontend thing to do would be to put up more cache settings on images. Still, since I indexed some things, I haven't had a page take longer than 1s to get back to me with output, and usually it's below 500 ms.



None.

May 3 2014, 4:04 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #9



Quote from iCCup.xboi209
Try optimizing the front-end too! Look at how much data everyone can save just by enabling gzip
http://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/?url=c3RhcmVkaXQubmV0
I was hoping someone would do this one day.....



None.

May 3 2014, 10:02 am DevliN Post #10

Woah

We're working on other things to fix load times at the moment. We're not ignoring that suggestion, it's just not high on our list as other pertinent fixes are taking precedence.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 3 2014, 1:07 pm Moose Post #11

Armor: 90.50%

GZIP compression was enabled via the method in PHP given in the link. It was selected over mod_deflate because it seemed quicker, easier, and harder to break than having PHP handle it. (Damn, it took about ten seconds to add in the one line, you other coders are scrubs. :P) Hopefully, SEN speeds up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 3 2014, 2:02 pm by Mini Moose 2707.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring